Upper and Middle Canyon, Twice
Total of 38 km (24 miles)
9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Rating: Giddy Up!
Experience the biggest whitewater and the most rapids the Kicking Horse River has to offer… TWICE!
This trip offers 2x the best whitewater you’ll find anywhere in Western Canada! You’ll be fully immersed in the pristine Canadian wilderness – a thrill to add to your bucket list! As a bonus, we’ve added an extra 4 km section of river through Yoho National Park that takes you from the scenic upper canyon to the amazing middle canyon.
Double whitewater is a complete rafting experience that you don’t want to miss! You’ll enjoy a hot BBQ riverside lunch between your two whitewater runs. This package is your best choice if you are looking for serious whitewater rafting thrills as you travel to Golden BC from Revelstoke or Calgary, Alberta.
The middle canyon is predominantly class 3 and 4 whitewater at highwater, so imagine yourself rafting 12 km of constant face shots and boat swamping rapids.
BUT, it gets even better. Because the middle canyon is so awesome at this time of year, we raft it a second time. That’s 24 km of the best whitewater in Western Canada. Yes please!
This trip starts in the morning on the upper canyon. It’s a beautiful start to the day, followed by our riverside BBQ lunch. You’ll want to fuel up because after lunch is when you get into the big stuff.
~ We always hear the second run is better than the first, so why don’t you come check it out for yourself! ~
- Minimum weight: 90lbs./43 kilos
- Minimum Age: 16 years or older if lower is open
Want the Biggest Whitewater?
The Kicking Horse is a glacial fed river, so spring and early summer are when we see the most melt water coming down from the mountains. What does a lot of meltwater mean for us? Awesome rafting! It means a lot of whitewater and a ton of continuous rapids!
- 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Mountain Time (same as Calgary and Banff)
- Please arrive 15 – 30 minutes early to allow time for check in and signing waivers
The Double Whitewater includes:
- Predominantly class 3 and 4 rapids
- A delicious hot riverside BBQ lunch – please let us know of any dietary restrictions
- New high quality whitewater rafting river gear – wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, helmets
- On-site Mens & Ladies bathrooms and change rooms complete with free hot showers
- Minimum Age: 12 years or older
- Minimum Weight Restriction: 90 lbs/43 kilos or over
What to bring:
- Swimsuit to wear underneath the wetsuit
- Towel to have a shower afterwards
- (Oh, and don’t forget your sense of adventure.)
- We hope you can keep your river date with us. But, sometimes life happens and you need to cancel. If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 1 weeks notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 7 days of the trip the $50.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 24 hours of the trip the full amount is non-refundable. All refunds are applied to the same credit card used for the initial booking.