Rafting Runs From June 27 – Sept 12th!
After all this time spent indoors and at home we can’t wait to get outside and on the river. Do you feel the same way?
All Canadians are welcome to come rafting on the Kicking Horse River! BC is officially in Phase 3.
Figuring out our rafting program has been a challenge but we’ve done it and we will be ready to keep you and our staff as safe as possible by following all the best practices as recommended by the authorities.
It’s a lucky thing that our rafting trips are outdoors in wide open spaces. Being outside is important for mental and physical health and the risk of transmission is low when outdoors.
We’ve implemented some new protocols that we all need to follow for this to work. Reducing the risk of transmission of Covid-19 is the goal with all of these modifications.
Some of our trips will be slightly different, but the rafting on the Kicking Horse River will be a good as ever.
FOR YOU TO DO:
- If you feel sick or have signs Covid-19, don’t come rafting. Same goes if you have been around someone who’s sick or have returned back to Canada in the last 14 days.
- Physical distancing (at least 2 m) when possible. Wear your face covering when distancing isn’t possible.
- Wash hands and sanitize often
- Bring a face covering. Non medical face coverings will be used when we can’t maintain 2 m of separation. We recommend a buff style (neck tube) covering or a bandana. Do not bring a paper mask as it will not last when it gets wet. Guests will be asked to wear a face covering in the raft in instances where small groups are joined together. If you need a buff, we sell them for $5.
**If you prefer to have a dry face covering for the bus ride back to our base, please bring a second one along. You can store it inside your wetsuit in a plastic bag.
- Show up with your swimsuit on under your clothing so you can get changed by your vehicle if possible. Change rooms are available if you need them but we are trying to keep them less crowded.
- Store all of your personal items in your vehicle. Besides medication, no personal items are allow on the bus or boat.
- Book your trip with those already in your bubble. We will do our best to have only bubbles riding together, but if you are a smaller group you will likely be with at least one more group in your raft. You can now ‘BOOK A BOAT’ at a discounted rate if you’d like to have a raft to yourself with only your bubble. More info coming soon!
- Eat and hydrate before your trip.
- Please respect our new policies. All measures are in place to help keep everyone safe and are the result of government regulations or guidelines.
WHAT WE’RE DOING:
- Monitoring our staff’s health daily.
- Monitoring the health of all guests who arrive for a rafting trip. You will be asked some questions before being checked in for rafting.
- Enforcing physical distancing and the wearing of face coverings when physical distancing isn’t possible.
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of all gear, surfaces, vehicles and touch points regularly or after each use
- Flexible cancellation policies.
- Keeping everything outdoors – check in, intro talks, safety talks, photo viewing etc.
- Limited trip size. We’ll have a maximum of 40 seats available for each trip
- Monitoring to limit the number of people in the washrooms, change rooms and office
- Documented training of all staff members in our new policies and procedures.
- Gear rotation. We have a lot of gear and after river gear has been disinfected, it will enter a rotation so it’s not used again for at least 36 hours.
- Sanitizing stations and signage to help remind everyone of the guidelines and protocols.
- Providing all of our staff with PPE when needed
Keeping you and our staff safe is why we have these new policies and procedures. We require everyone to comply with these policies, and if you can’t you will be asked to leave.
To read our full Covid-19 Safety Plan, please click here
Please note that you are visiting Wet N Wild Adventures and coming rafting at your own risk. Nothing has changed here.
Each guest will be required to read and sign a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement prior to their rafting trip. To view this document, please click here.
We looking forward to rafting with you this summer!