Experience the breathtaking rush of the Kicking Horse River with this all day white water rafting adventure. Begin with a relaxing scenic float on the upper section, then charge through some class 3 rapids! A stop between the upper and middle allows you to catch your breath and enjoy a delicious hot riverside BBQ lunch.
Now you are ready for serious white water thrills as our experienced guides navigate the massive power of class 4 rapids in the middle and famous lower canyon sections of the Kicking Horse River. The lower canyon is only accessible by helicopter so it’s two amazing experiences in one trip. Finish your tour with calmer water that brings you rafting gently through the town of Golden BC. Altogether this white water tour covers 32 kilometres of the upper, middle, and lower sections of the Kicking Horse River!*
No experience required. Our guides will let you know exactly what to do!
*Note: The Kicking Horse lower canyon can only be run at specific water levels, and it will be closed at certain times throughout the summer when the water becomes too high for us to safely run it. When this occurs, we run the middle canyon whitewater section twice. Not to worry though – at high water, the middle canyon is as big as it gets!
*This trip is offered on Saturdays, Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in May, July, August and September
*This trip is non-refundable from the time of booking. Due to the commitment required on our part with the heli provider we cannot issue a refund for any reason.
*We need a minimum number of people to raft the lower canyon. If those numbers are not met, we will not be able to heli into the lower canyon. If minimum numbers are not met you will not be charged for the lower canyon portion of the trip, or for the heli flight.
This package is your best choice if you are looking for serious whitewater rafting thrills as you travel to Golden BC from Revelstoke or Calgary, Alberta.
- 10:00 am to 6:30 pm Mountain Time (same as Calgary and Banff)
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time for check in
The Ultimate Adventure includes:
- Class 1 to class 4 rapids
- A delicious hot riverside BBQ lunch – please let us know of any dietary restrictions
- New high quality whitewater rafting river gear – wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, helmets
- On-site Mens & Ladies bathrooms and change rooms complete with free hot showers
- Minimum Age: 16 years or older
- Minimum Weight Restriction: 90 lbs/41 kilos or over
What to bring:
- Swim suit to wear underneath the wetsuit
- Towel to have a shower afterwards