We’re currently unsure if heli rafting will run in 2021 due to Covid-19. We will update the website as we know more.
Upper, Middle and Lower Canyon, 36 km (22 miles)
9:30AM – 5:30PM
Rating: Kick N’ Scream
Experience the entire Kicking Horse River with this all day whitewater adventure. Begin with a scenic float on the upper section, followed by a BBQ lunch. The middle and lower canyon await with class 2-4 rapids for a thrilling ride, finishing with a float through the town of Golden. The lower canyon is only accessible by helicopter, so it’s two amazing experiences in one trip. At times of high water the lower canyon is closed for safety reasons; alternatively, you can raft the middle section twice.
Minimum weight: 90lbs./41 kilos
Minimum Age: 16 years or older if lower is open
Experience the breathtaking rush of the Kicking Horse River with this all day white water rafting adventure. Begin with a relaxing scenic float on the upper section, then charge through some class 3 rapids! A stop between the upper and middle allows you to catch your breath and enjoy a delicious hot riverside BBQ lunch.
Now you are ready for serious white water thrills as our experienced guides navigate the massive power of class 4 rapids in the middle and famous lower canyon sections of the Kicking Horse River. The lower canyon is only accessible by helicopter so it’s two amazing experiences in one trip. Finish your tour with calmer water that brings you rafting gently through the town of Golden BC. Altogether this white water tour covers 36 kilometres of the upper, middle, and lower sections of the Kicking Horse River!*
No experience required. Our guides will let you know exactly what to do!
*Note: The Kicking Horse lower canyon can only be run at specific water levels, and it will be closed at certain times throughout the summer when the water becomes too high for us to safely run it. When this occurs, we run the middle canyon whitewater section twice. Not to worry though – at high water, the middle canyon is as big as it gets! You will still get a heli flight to shuttle you back up for the second lap of the middle canyon.
*This trip is offered on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays in July, August and September
*If you have to cancel your heli trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 30 days notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 30 days of the trip the $100.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 21 days of the trip the full amount is non-refundable.
*We need a minimum number of people to raft the lower canyon. If those numbers are not met, we will not be able to heli into the lower canyon. If minimum numbers are not met you will not be charged for the lower canyon portion of the trip, or for the heli flight.
This package is your best choice if you are looking for serious whitewater rafting thrills as you travel to Golden BC from Revelstoke or Calgary, Alberta.
- 9:30 am to 5:30 pm Mountain Time (same as Calgary and Banff)
- Please arrive 15 – 30 minutes early to allow time for check in and signing waivers
The Ultimate Adventure includes:
- Class 1 to class 4 rapids
- A delicious hot riverside BBQ lunch – please let us know of any dietary restrictions
- New high quality whitewater rafting river gear – wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, helmets
- On-site Mens & Ladies bathrooms and change rooms complete with free hot showers
- Minimum Age: 16 years or older
- Minimum Weight Restriction: 90 lbs/41 kilos or over
What to bring:
- Swimsuit to wear underneath the wetsuit
- Towel to have a shower afterwards
This heli tour is offered Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays!
Heli Rafting Cancellation Policy
- This trip is offered on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays starting mid-July. We can run this trip other days of the week, as well, if you have a group of 12 or more people.
- No experience required. Our guides will let you know exactly what to do!
- The Kicking Horse lower canyon can only be run at specific water levels, and it will be closed at certain times throughout the summer when the water becomes too high for us to safely run it. June and early July tend to be when we see the highest water. When this occurs, we run the middle whitewater section twice. Not to worry though – at high water, the middle canyon is as good as it gets!
- If we can’t raft the lower canyon due to high water you WILL STILL be flying in the helicopter. The heli will fly you back up the canyon to raft the second lap of the middle. The flying time is the same for both trips. If you book a heli trip you are confirming your seat in the helicopter regardless of whether you’re rafting the lower canyon, or middle canyon twice. Even through there is road access to the middle canyon, you cannot downgrade your trip day of, as your seat(s) in the heli will already be confirmed. Please be aware that if other guests upgrade their trip on the day to add on a second lap of the middle canyon, they will have the option to drive back up with our bus. If you’ve booked a heli trip you will be flying – you DO NOT have the option downgrade your trip to ride the bus.
- If you have to cancel your trip, the full amount is refundable (less a $10.00 per person processing fee) provided we are given at least 30 days notice prior to your trip. If notice occurs within 30 days of the trip the $100.00 per person deposit becomes non-refundable, and within 21 days of the trip the full amount is non-refundable.
- We need a minimum number of people for all heli trips. If those numbers are not met we will not be able to book the helicopter. If minimum numbers are not met you will not be charged for the third leg of your trip, or for the heli flight.
- Advance notice of whether or not we’ll be rafting the lower canyon cannot be given, as many factors can change very quickly. The decision to raft the lower canyon is made the morning of the trip when we have the most recent information on water levels, weather etc. Please try to understand that river levels are completely up to Mother Nature and are not something we can control.
- We hold the right to cancel a trip if water levels fluctuate to a level that makes it unsafe for us to raft on the Kicking Horse River. As water levels are completely dependent on Mother Nature, we may not know until the day before, or morning of the trip. This decision would be made entirely based on safety. If we cancel a trip for this reason a full refund will be given.
- A $5.00 Land Use Fee and 5% tax is added to all trips.
*We are excited to announce that Wet N’ Wild Adventures has merged with Glacier Raft Company starting in 2017. We will be operating out of the same great location with the same great service and we look forward to rafting with you this summer. Please get in touch if you have any questions – we are happy to help!